Infinite Computations and Games
Lecture in the winter term 2017/2018
Mon, 1:15 - 2:00pm (AH I)
Thu, 10:15 - 11:45am (5055)
Mon, 2:15 - 3:45pm (5056)
- automata on infinite words, the basic definitions and constructions
- deterministic automata and classes of acceptance conditions
- infinite games as models of reactive systems
- automata on infinite trees and their connection to games
- applications in logic, verification ans synthesis
This course is only addressed to M.Sc. students. Note That B.Sc. students can not take part in this course.
Knowledge of automata theory as presented in basic courses is required for participation.
The course will be held in english.
Time and Places
There will be weekly exercise sets. Completing these successfully, reaching at least 50% of possible points, is necessary for admittance to the examination.
The exercise sheets will be released on Mondays and have to be handed in before the exercise class on Monday one week later. Alternatively the exercise sheets can be put in the exercise box of the chair, building E1, first floor, before 14:00am.
Groups of up to three students are allowed in fact, encouraged to work together and hand in the solutions together.
The solutions of the exercises will be presented on Monday, 2:15pm - 3:45pm in 2356|111 (AH II).
There will be oral exams. The exact modalities of the exams will be announced later in L2P.