Applied Automata Theory
Lecture in Summer Term 2015
In this lecture of theoretical computer science, we extend concepts and results of the undergraduate course on automata theory. These results can be used for information processing and system construction/analysis.
The following topics are covered in the course:
- simulation, bisimulation and efficient minimization of automata
- algorithmic learning in the context of automata theory
- weighted automata and probabilistic automata
- automata and second order logic
- pushdown systems
- undecidable problems in automata theory
- petri nets
Most of the topics are covered in the old script.
Knowledge of automata theory as presented in basic courses is required for participation.
Lecture will be held in English.